Rockwell Rockwell Superficial and Brinell Testing
Hardness Testing Machines, Series - 'RHT'
PRINCIPLE : Rockwell & Rockwell superficial tests consists of forcing an indentor (Diamond or Ball) into the surface of a test piece in two steps i.e. first with preliminary test force and thereafter with additional test force and then measuring depth of indentation after removal of additional test force(Remaining preliminary test force active) for measurement of Hardness Valve. Brinell test consists of forcing a hardened ball into surface of a test piece with a specified test force and measuring the diameter of indentation for evaluation of Brinell Hardness number.
OPERATION : For Rockwell & Rockwell Superficial Test :In case of 'RHT' series machines for Rockwell or Rockwell Superficial Tests a preliminary test force in first applied and then indicator is automatically set for zero. Quickly thereafter an additional test force is applied without removing the preliminary test force. When the penetration is stabilised, the additional test force is removed and the hardness number is shown directly on the indicator.
For Brinell Test : The operation is exactly same as above. However, the diameter of impression is measured out side of machine by Brinell microscope. Brinell hardness number is found out by referring corresponding hardness tables showing hardness number against dia, of indentation for specified ball diameter and test force.
Model RHT (M)
Model RHT (S)
Model RHT (E)
1) The machine body is having a taper front look and a big dial guage in the front. The machine is powder coated for far better look. The paint shade do not fade and machine looks like new over year.
2) The elevating screw of machine is guided in a hardened and ground bush, not allowing movement of elevating screw more than 0.05mm when raised to full height. The accuracy is returned for years together due to hardened bush.
3) A hardened and ground stepped bush is fixed on top of main screw for location and rest surface. This guarantees no change in results due torough handling of test table or test piece. It means a trouble free long life machine accuracy.
4) An antifriction linear bearing with almost no clearance is provided for a perfect vertical movement of loading plunger with minimum friction. This enable testing of small dia. Pin or ball upto 3mm dia.
5) All machine models are provided with automatic zero setting dial guage or digital readout. Hence zero setting at every test is avoided.
6) All four models conform to respective standard as under. IS : 3804, BS 10109-2 & ASTME-18 for Rockwell Test. IS : 5073, BS 10189-2 & ASTME-18 for Rockwell Superficial Test. IS : 2281, BS 10003-2 & ASTME-10 for Brinell Test.
Standard Accessories :
Technical Data :
- Steel Ball Indentor 1/8", 1/4"
- Testing Table 200mm dia
- Testing Table 70mm dia. With 'V' groove for round jobs 10 to 80mm dia.
- Vari-rest to support odd shaped jobs.
- Jominy test Fixture for end quench test.
- Gooseneck Adaptor No. 1
- Special Diamond Indentor suitable for Gooseneck Adaptor No. 1
- Short nib diamond indentor suitable for Gooseneck Adaptor No. 1
- Gooseneck adaptor No. 2 l Special Diamond Indentor suitable for Gooseneck Adaptor No. 2.
- Gooseneck adaptor No. 3
- Raised centre testing table 15mm dia.
- Diamond spot anvil.
- Cylindron anvil for testing big jobs above 20mm dia.
- Eyeball anvil with 25.4 dia. Or 38mm dia. Ball.
- Gooseneck anvil for pipes 5 to 25mm ID with 5mm step inserts.
- Jack rest for long and heavy jobs.
- Dot matrix Printer for Model U-RASN(E)