UMI - 128
Point Load Index Tester
Ref. Standard IS:8764
UMI introduces Point Load Index Tester, a rock testing instrument for determining the Diametral Point Load Strength Index of rock cores and irregular lumps which may be tested without any treatment. The Point Load test is primarily an Index Test for strength classification of rock materials. This instrument is mainly intended for field measurements on rock specimen, but it can also be used in the laboratory. The results of the test may also be used to predict the uniaxial compressive strength of rock from correlations. The apparatus is light and portable, and can be used in the laboratory as well as in the field.
- Equipment is light and portable
- Rock core specimens can be tested without any preparation.
- The instrument can be used in the laboratory as well as at the drilling site
- The results of the test may also be used to predict the uniaxial compressive strength of rock
- With the instrument, a wide range of core sizes can be tested
- The frame has adequate adjustments to align perfectly the loading axis passing through the centre of the bearing plates and loading platens at position of the ram of the hydraulic jack
Loading Frame, fitted with Hydraulic Jack,
hand operated, capacity 100 kN (10,000 kgf)
Load Gauge, 25 kN (2,500 kgf), to read upto 0.25 kN (25 kgf)
Load Gauge, 100 kN (10,000 kgf), to read upto 0.50 kN (50 kgf)
Conical Loading Platens